Our Data Engineering modules can be tailored to your organisational needs.
Popular Modules Include:
- SQL and Relational Modelling. From fundamentals to advanced, we offer modules on all popular relational database systems, including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Sybase.
- NoSQL storage and data modelling. Choose from modules covering all popular NoSQL storage systems including MongoDB, Cassandra and HBase.
- Data processing and ETL (Extract Transform and Load) with Python.
- The Hadoop Ecosystem for Big Data
- Big Data Processing with Apache Spark
- Streaming Data Pipelines and Event-Driven Architectures with Apache Kafka
Courses are hands-on with graded assignments and peer feedback. Assignments and projects are designed to mimic real-world tasks and organisational workflows.
All courses culminate in a Capstone project which gives participants an opportunity to put into practice what has been learned, and to verify their new skills in real-world scenarios.
What will I learn
- Learn to make full use of the relational database tools in your organisation.
- Understand the critical differences when storing data across different SQL and NoSQL storage engines.
- Gain a practical understanding of creating data and automating data pipelines with Python.
- Learn how the various elements of the Hadoop ecosystem inter-operate to provide highly scalable Big Data systems.
- Develop vital skills with Apache Spark to create data processing batch and streaming applications that scale according to demand.
- Learn to build high volume data pipelines with Apache Kafka and Kafka streams.